Monday, August 15, 2011

Day at the Dinosaur Park

A month or so ago I ended up buying coupon for four people to the dinosaur park in Ogden for $8... I mean, how can you go wrong with that? I knew the kids would LOVE it. We finally had time to go this past Saturday.


The kids were terrified of standing under the "bones". They were sure these giant things were going to come to life any second and eat them...

Classic Kyler face...
"Aahh!" -Getting eated... by half a dinosaur jaw
T-Rex gots nothing on Kyler!
Libby was TERRIFIED of the "robot" dinosaurs. As soon as she heard growling, she was outta there!


"Rock on Dinosaurs!"
Heading up the tower of slides!

Miss Libby-- Kyler was getting sick of me and my camera-happiness by this point. 

The sign says it all.


Hmm, not sure if he is saving her from the T-Rex... or sacrificing her.

We had all sorts of fun running around the dinosaur park. One of the coolest things there is that they have paleontologists there working. We talked to a the paleontologist while he was putting together an actual dinosaur bone. He showed the kids where the bone came from on the dinosaur, and let us see his next project- a plate from a stegosaurus. Kyler thought it was pretty cool and asked him some fun questions. He also let us feel dinosaur skin, he said it was pretty rare that they find the actual skin, rather than an imprint in a fossil. I'm assuming it was petrified or something (I'm totally clueless)... it was pretty impressive though!

No comments: