Well, the word is out... It's true, our family is growing! We could not be happier to welcome a little BROTHER to our family in January! Libby and I are officially going to be OUTNUMBERED by BOYS!
It's so amazing to watch this little person growing and to think that in just a few short months, we will be holding him in our arms!
![]() |
| Here he is at just 8 weeks... not much going on, that we can see, yet. |
![]() |
| Our little gummy bear at 9 weeks-- just one week later and we can already see limbs forming! |
Annnd, here he is at my ultrasound last week, at 16 weeks!
![]() |
- How did you find out you were pregnant?
- I took a pregnancy test, of course! What really tipped me off, before that, was that I was getting up at night to go to the bathroom... I am a deep sleeper, and I RARELY get up in the middle of the night (unless it's for the kids, I have very selective hearing when I am asleep!)
- How far along were you?
- When are you due?
- Did you have any early warning signs, whether physical, emotional or spiritual, or was it a complete surprise?
- What was your initial reaction to the news? How did you feel? What thoughts went through your mind?
- How long did you wait to announce the news?
- Who did you tell first?
- What impact has the news had on your life? Has it changed any future plans?
- Once I took the test... and then another, and another... and confirmed that I was, in fact, pregnant, we assumed I was about 6 weeks along. Turns out, after a dating ultrasound, that I was just barely 4 weeks when I found out (8 weeks at the ultrasound).
- **Estimated** due date: January 10, 2013
- I did have several signs, but I was attributing most of them to starting my period soon. I had just assumed that my body was adjusting to being off birth control and the hormone changes that it causes... even though my "monthly visit" never came, I attributed that to the birth control as well... so, I should have known sooner, but it was definitely a complete surprise! I was SURE I was absolutely NOT pregnant...
- I was pretty much in shock. We were definitely not expecting to get pregnant so quickly! I had everything all planned out... but life keeps reminding me that you don't get to plan everything! I think it's so funny, now, but one of my first thoughts was that we CAN'T have a baby right after Christmas! When I calculated our due date, based on my best guess of how far along I was... we were due ON OUR ANNIVERSARY. I was so mad! Then I realized it doesn't matter WHEN this little one is born, we are so lucky to have the opportunity to bring another child into our family and it's birthday won't change how happy we are or how much we love him!
- We told our parents and a few siblings a few weeks after we found out, and more family members and a few close friends over the next few weeks. We chose not to tell the kids until I was at least 12 weeks, as that's when the risk of miscarriage drops dramatically. We could NOT wait to finally be able to tell them. They were ECSTATIC.
- My husband, of course! We were sitting at home, on a Sunday afternoon, kids playing after we had just finished lunch. We had bought a couple pregnancy tests a few weeks prior, just so we would have them, and I had been wondering why I hadn't had my period for a while. Even though, "I just KNEW I wasn't pregnant", I thought I'd just check, to ease my mind. Kaj didn't even know I was taking it, so he was just sitting in the kitchen... when I saw those TWO little pink lines, clear as day, I was a little panicked at first! I shouted "Kaaaj". He said "what?" and I couldn't really respond at that point... so, after I didn't say anything, he came to investigate... I handed the test to him and he immediately smiled ear to ear! He was so excited! Not to say *I* wasn't excited... but the shock had to wear off first!
One of the biggest things has probably been changed vacation plans. We have always planned to have children in the near future, so our long-term plans haven't really changed... but I wasn't expecting to be 8 months pregnant come November when we were planning a trip to Hawaii! Also, my job does not offer any paid maternity leave, so if I want to take time off it's all unpaid, unless I have my own personal vacation time saved. Thus, I am saving as much time as possible! I know our lives will change a lot more drastically when this little guy makes his appearance out in the "real" world... but we are ready for the challenge!
- Have you had any morning sickness?
This has probably been the most asked question, when people find out I'm pregnant. Luckily for me, I have gotten off pretty easy on the "pregnancy symptoms", so far. I did have some nausea the first little while, but fortunately nothing too horrible, and no throwing up - thank goodness. I've mostly "just" been exhausted. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband who has been picking up the slack at home, when I'm too tired to function!





No comments:
Post a Comment