It's crazy to think about how much my life has changed in the last few years. Even just in the last year. After graduating from college, I was faced with the big question, "what's next?" I felt like I had spent my entire life in school, always knowing the "next step", always having something pressing; homework, projects, tests, papers, presentations... and suddenly, I was done. Now what? My first thought, MORE SCHOOL! I can't be done. I need more classes, more projects, someone to tell me what to do! I felt so unprepared for the world! I thought I needed to go to graduate school, but I didn't have a CLUE what I wanted to go into. Grad school seemed so final, like I had to decide and be sure what career I wanted to be in for the rest of my life. That was a scarier thought than being out of school. So, I figured I just need to stop with the panicking and breath for a minute. I spent 5 weeks in Thailand, which woke me up to some things in my life that I needed to change. Now, 2 years after coming home from Thailand, having immediately moved to Hawaii, and then from Hawaii to Las Vegas, I find myself back in Utah. Life throws some interesting curve balls, that's for sure!
I still don't know what I want to "be when I grow up". But, I am happier than I've ever been. I have spent about the last year and a half getting reacquainted and falling in love with one of my best friends. We grew up together, had crushes on each other, went to prom together, but we never dated. The timing of our relationship has always been off, until now. We started talking again about a year and a half ago, and never stopped. It was startling, and completely unexpected. We never would have thought we'd be where we are now. We definitely have our challenges, but we manage to breeze through every obstacle in our way, and come out the other side a stronger couple. I can't imagine my life without him and his beautiful children in it. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

3 comments:
You guys are cute and good together. I am glad things have continued to go well for you guys :) I miss ya guys!! Life does throw us curve balls and I am still trying to figure some of mine out. I am glad that you have someone to figure yours out with!! :)
I am so happy for you Jules! I seriously cried when I read this! You never know how life is going to turn out, but if you follow your heart it always leads you to the right place. Love ya!
What a great post! I loved it! It is so great to see how much you've grown. And to think, if it wasn't for me, you and Kaj would have never been together! How is that, you ask? Well, I'll tell you... If I had never come along, and distracted Chris, you'd still be sitting in a prickly bush somewhere, never to meet Kaj. :) love you guys!
Post a Comment