My Mom never ceases to amaze me. If it's not one thing, it's another. Her most recent accomplishments include completing her Bachelor's of Nursing and a promotion to Major in the Army! Yesterday was her promotion ceremony and we got to go watch her get presented with her promotion during "formation" with her unit. My Dad got to be the one to switch out her... um, badge, or credentials? Insignia?
Whatever they are called... she is now sporting this little beauty. It was exciting to be there, she's worked hard for it!
This is my Mom's second Bachelor's degree. She got her first around the time I was born. She loves to tell the story of taking me with her to her final, just days after I was born. Which was also shortly after she married my Dad, combining their families of 4 and 8 kids. I was lucky number 13. Don't worry, they didn't stop there. Within the next ten years they managed to add three more kids to the herd. 16 kids. All while my Dad was finishing his Doctorate degree, and my Mom went
back to school, to get a nursing degree AND joined the Army. Did I mention she's amazing? My parents also built their house, themselves, while they had 5 kids at home ranging in age from about 16 years old to 2 years old. They obviously like a challenge. Life would be boring without a few bumps along the way! I remember coming home from school, which was just across the street from the house my parents were building, and seeing my Mom strapped to the roof, shingling our house. Whatever the challenge, my Mom conquers all.
Here's to you, Mom. I couldn't ask for a better Mom, a better example, or a better mentor. It doesn't matter what I do, or whether or not you agree with all of my choices, you never fail to let me know that you love me, above all else. Thank you for bringing me into this world, raising me, and always being there for me.
 |
| Hanging out in Mom's office, before she was presented with her promotion. |
 |
| Dad got to do the honors :) |
 |
| MAJOR Madeline Clark! |
 |
| GO Mom! HOOAH! |
How lucky am I, to have such fabulous people to look up to in my life? Pretty dang lucky. Just sayin. Love you Mom, Dad, and all you other super fantastic people in my life.
3 comments:
Woot! I mean Hooah! Go MOM! :) You are truly awesome!
Aw, how sappy are you? I can just see mom getting all kinds of weepy reading this little gem. ;)
Hooah! What a great post, I really enjoyed reading this Ju. Thanks for taking the time to put this up for our Momma. xoxo
Post a Comment