Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The End of 2011 (continued) We're Married!

Hard to believe after so much planning and stressing, that the wedding is behind us and now we just have the rest of our lives to look forward to! That, and now that it's over, we get to work on paying for it all ;) haha. I'll admit the wedding day was a little overwhelming, but it turned out beautiful and we were so happy to see so many familiar faces of friends and family that we don't see nearly often enough. I only wish we had more time to spend visiting! I feel like I didn't get a chance to talk to ANYONE and everything was just a whirlwind. I guess that is to be expected, though.

Lucky for me, my brother-in-law happens to be a very talented photographer AND he loves me enough to agree to be the photographer for our wedding! ;) He sent me this "teaser" after the wedding, can't wait to see the rest!
Photography by Tod Cox
In the mean time, I have some candid shots from some friends and family to help remember what actually happened! (did i mention it's a blur? haha)
Libby, checking herself out in the bridal suite, before the ceremony
Our adorable ring bearer and flower girl
Smile?
HAPPY FACES! (Yes, this is what Kyler does when you tell him to make a "happy face"...)
Lighting the "unity candle", as a family, during the ceremony. Damon was a little shy, but he joined us after a minute.
Husband and Wife!
Me and my little sister/Maid of Honor
My sisters had the bright idea to pick me up...
I was very afraid
The "other" man in my life ;) Kyler always tells me that he and Daddy are BOTH my loves :)
Running around the reception (AKA, the back of my dress)

Starting our marriage being thoughtful and LOVING, rather than shoving cake in each others faces ;P

Right before the garter toss several of Kaj's friends, brothers and Grandpa grabbed him and threw him in a chair, hoisted him up and starting singing "Hava Nagila", a Jewish wedding tradition. It was hilarious. Probably one of my favorite memories of the reception.
Searching for... the garter, of course

All in all, we are just so happy to be married and excited for this new chapter in our lives. Thank you SO much for those who were able to share in our special day with us. We are so fortunate to have such amazing friends and family.

Our wedding website, if anyone wants to read about "our story" - http://julieandkaj.ourwedding.com/

2 comments:

Kayela said...

Fun pics. Can't wait to see the rest. P.S. You looked amazing. Probably one of the prettiest dresses I have ever seen... only to be outdone by the beautiful bride wearing it.

Alyssa Harper said...

Congratulations! You make the prettiest bride ever. Looks like a wonderful wedding, and the kids look just adorable!