Monday, January 9, 2012

The end of 2011 (part 1)

Phew! We made it through the end of the year! What a CRAZY month December was. We were overloaded with wedding planning and activities, but still managed to squeeze in an awesome Christmas.
First off, my lovely little sister, and Maid of Honor, Rebekah, put together an amazing bridal shower with the help of our cousin, Laura. It was a great night of family and friends, I don't think I've ever felt so loved! :) Laura and Bekah became master chefs in the process. They put together quite the spread, with delicious appetizers and several different kinds of amazing soups to eat in bread bowls. 

Telling the story of how Kaj and I met :)
Hanging out with all the ladies
My beautiful Mom and sister

Then at work my awesome coworkers put together a luncheon for me. It was so sweet of them! I'm lucky to get to work with some many awesome people.

The spread- yum!



Then it was on to other wedding madness -- trying to get everything done and put together for the big day. I have some super fantastic amazing friends and family who helped SO much in getting things put together. We made all the bouquets and boutonnieres and put them together the week of the wedding. With help from a good friend and her eye for design, they came together better than I could have even hoped! The only pictures I have at the moment aren't the best, and they really don't do the flowers justice...but they give you the general idea.

Libby's flower girl wand
Mine and Bekah's bouquets
The groom's bout 
My last minute creation- ring bearer pillow

There is much more wedding-ness... But first! Right in the middle of all this... Christmas happened! We took a break from all things wedding and had an awesome Christmas this year. We were able to have our own family Christmas at home, and then split the day between Kaj's Dad's house and my parents house.

Christmas Eve- NEW JAMMIES!

Santa came to visit!

The "before"...


After the unwrapping madness :)

Kyler says "HOW DID SANTA KNOW I WANTED MY OWN BIKE!?!? HOW DID HE KNOW?!?!" Needless to say, he was happy :)

Libby loving all her ponies

Setting up the big family present - a WII

Libby is getting the hang of it...




We spent half the day at Kaj's Dad's house hanging out with them and their families... his step-mom put together a delicious meal and we had fun hanging out and opening presents. ...Yet somehow I managed to not take a single picture!! Our photographer is FIRED! *cough* 

Putting together Kyler's Christmas present from Papa Eli and Grandma 

My parents got the Xbox "Kinect"... very entertaining

The master chefs, cooking up some Christmas dinner

The kids helping Grandma with dinner


After Christmas we were only 5 days away from our wedding... and so much to do! Hard to believe it's all over.. and we survived :) More to come!

Our wedding website, if anyone wants to read about "our story" - http://julieandkaj.ourwedding.com/

No comments: