Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ice skating! With kids in tow... literally.

Kaj and I promised the kids we would take them Ice Skating after they found out we went without them. They were SO excited to go. It was all Kyler talked about for a week. Well, that and "Skylanders", but that's a whole 'nother issue... (he is his father's son! haha)

Can you say "cutest thing EVER"?! Talk about heart melting. Kyler and Libby do this all the time, lately. I LOVE that they are so close and loving with each other! (*ahem* most the time, anyway!) 
We hit the nearest Arctic Circle for a quick dinner and then off to the Cottonwood Heights Rec Center for some ice skating fun!















We had decided to venture out on a Wednesday night... well, unbeknownst to us, that happens to be "Mutual" night, for all the local church groups around... Let's just say it was a little crowded. We still had tons of fun, and made it around the whole ice rink all of... twice. Kaj and I hadn't quite thought this whole "ice skating with uncoordinated kids" thing through... we ended up practically carrying them around the rink the whole time, which, as it turns out, is KILLER on your back. Despite *our* pain, the kids had a blast. They LOVED it. Kyler can't wait to go again. I'm thinking next time we will find an ice rink that has those metal bar things (yup, I'm sure that's the technical term) to help... and we will avoid Wednesday nights!


No comments: